Toy Story was released by Walt Disney Home Video. The movie had a large impact on the film industry with its innovative computer animation.
Toy Story was released in theaters on November 22, 1995, and was the highest-grossing film during its opening weekend, eventually earning over $373 million at the worldwide box office.
In addition, Toy Story-inspired material includes: toys, video games, theme park attractions, spin-offs, merchandise, and two sequels — Toy Story 2 (1999) and Toy Story 3 (2010) — both of which also garnered massive commercial success and critical acclaim, with a fourth film, Toy Story 4, scheduled for release in 2019.
List of Toy Story characters:
- Woody, a pull-string cowboy doll.
- Buzz Lightyear, a space ranger action figure and Woody’s rival, who later becomes his best friend.
- Mr. Potato Head, a cynical potato-shaped doll with put-together pieces on his body.
- Slinky Dog, a dachshund slinky toy.
- Rex, a nervous green Tyrannosaurus figurine.
- Hamm, a smart-talking piggy bank.
- Bo Peep, a porcelain shepherdess doll and Woody’s love interest.
- Andy, Woody and Buzz’s owner.
- Sid, Andy’s next door neighbor, who tortures toys for his own amusement.
- Mrs. Davis, Andy’s mother.
- Sergeant, the leader of a large troop of plastic green army men.
- Hannah, Sid’s younger sister.